Pages

boot camp, blankets, and blogs

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have a tendency to make unattainable goals for myself (case in point - the time I thought I would be the best teacher in the world). I'm inclined to think that my most recent goals are no exception, but that's no way to start a new year. Maybe if I just pretend the whole internet is keeping tabs on what I actually accomplish...

Brian and I are starting Boot Camp in February. I hate to have that "I'm going to get back in shape" new year's resolution, but why not? Ever since the bum kidney surgery in August, I've had a hard time getting myself back to the gym. If I'm ever going to show off the battle scar, though, I need to get swimsuit ready! Boot Camp is a 6 week group excercise class, and what's so appealing about it is that it changes every time you go - some days it's running on the river, and some days it's Body Pump at the gym. I've even seen pictures of people crawling through sand on their elbows! Eek! I called about the class to see if men do it (for Brian's sake...I don't want him to be miserable), and I was told, "the guys always throw up first." *immediately signs up* He's gonna love me no matter what, right?

Another thing I'm working on is this crazy awesome blanket. Here's a picture of the front side:



If you're wondering why it doesn't look quite finished it's because I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the edges yet, so I'm taking a break from it for a while (read: she can't work on it any more until she gets paid).

I took all of my old t-shirts, cut the cool stuff off, and sewed them together. Just think about how awesome it must feel to wrap yourself up in all of your favorite old t-shirts! I've had the idea for a while, and once the drawers of my dresser could no longer close, I decided to get started. Don't you think it's awesome, too? Don't you want me to make one for you? :)

Finally (and most importantly), I'm doing some pretty neat things at work. I'm excited about what's in store.

Coda's new year's resolution? Being adorable for another year.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS